Producing Chaos to Find Meaning
How many notes and ideas get aisle, lost, or broken in what we write in our journal, notebooks, drafts, documents. or apps? How many concepts, stories, essays, not only survive the past of time but grow with it, get stronger, and generate new thoughts? Is there a writing capable to gain from the natural disorder of things? This course explores how can we make our writing less fragile and more robust, even antifragile—the opposite extreme of fragile, according to the thinker Nicholas N. Taleb, author of Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder
with Adolfo Ramírez Corona
We start 5:00 pm August 12, 2021
A 5 week intimate cohort-based course, writing workshop styled, with Adolfo Ramírez Corona
Who is this for
For any kind of writing practice: note-taking, blogging, researching, journaling, authoring
Those who can see writing as the doing of thinking, as the essencial tool for thought
Problem solvers, brainstormers, mental modelers, seekers of algorithms of thoughts
Each participant will develop a personal workflow for antifragile writing with the preferred app, design and test their own templates, routines, tags, groups, etc.
Every week is thematic, with a topic, resources, exercises, and writing prompts. Participants are encouraged to follow the writing practice around their own writing, ideas, or issues at hand.
There will be a shared database in Roam for all the participants to use as a sandbox, taking and sharing notes about the topics of the course, and for some collaborative exercises.
Every week we will have a synchronous session via video chat with a duration of 2 hours. Sessions are recorded in case you miss them. Another hour of asynchronous work—reading and writing, basically—with a total duration of 3 hours approximately is expected.
Adolfo Ramírez Corona
Adolfo is a writer, thinker, psychotherapist, media and audience specialist, but overall, he defines himself as a father, husband, meditator, and lover of the present. He has been a teacher, photographer, manager, trainer, facilitator, market and audience researcher, web developer, systems designer, project manager, technology auditor and consultant, content creator, entrepreneur. He has been involved in different projects and business in hospitality and tourism, retail and wholesale trade, journalism, systems development, television content and programing, universities, startups, app development and launching, product design and development, marketing, content creation, and publishing. He is the author of We are not Shakespeare in Quarantine, between other books. He regularly publishes his ideas in UX Collective, Concepts Against Reality, In Age of Awareness, The Start Up, Towards Data Science, and The Writing Cooperative. Find him at adolforismos.com
What is antifragile? What are the advantages of being antifragile? What are the properties of antifragility? What makes writing antifragile? Why an antifragile writing? PKMs basic walkthrough. Roam Research. Three basic elements to start writing on Roam: Daily Pages, outlining, linking. Differences between apps.
2. Tools of Personal Knowledge Management (PKM)
What is a PKM? Tools for thought before and now. What makes Roam Research, logseq, Athens, Obsidian, RemNote, apps for antifragile writing? The two stages of writing. Note-taking, freewriting, drafting. Reviewing, editing, migrating. The two stages of writing. Note-taking, freewriting, drafting. Reviewing, editing, migrating.
3. The Foundations of Antifragile Writing
Antifragile writing The principles of antifragile writing: a list for embracing disorder and welcoming stressors for the evolution and growth of your daily practice. Antifragile writing before Taleb: thinkers and writers that wrote antifragile text. How to use PKMs for antifragile writing.
4. Techniques for Antifragile Writing I
Thinking and expressing: Nietzsche: aphorisms and rumination. Writing aphorisms. Define an idea, explain after. DaVinci‘s variations for expression. Write fast, explore combinations, subtractions, or additions later. From simple to complex: Euclid’s ideas in movement. From simplicity to complexity, one step at a time. The rhizomatic craft of Deleuze & Guattari. Cultivating and growing first, pruning after.
5. Techniques for Antifragile Writing II
Learning from analog methods: Bullet journaling basics. Logging, bullets, collections. The importance of migration. Basics of zettelkasten. Write first, organize later. Index cards as an elemental unit. Nesting and linking. Contemporary approaches: Taleb’s fractals or the craft of repetition. Layers and recursion. Fragments. The art of provocation. Matuschak’s evergreen note-writing. The writing inbox for transient and incomplete notes. Drafting evergreen notes.
Antifragile Writing Course – Summer 2021
We start 5:00 pm, August 12, 2021.
- A 5-week intimate cohort-based, writing workshop styled course.
- Live office hours each week to learn and practice.
- Access to a Roam Research graph database in multiplayer mode with all the information and references for the course.
- One-on-one session to define your best workflow.
- Tutorials of how to use Roam Research for antifragile writing (applicable to other PKMs).
- Customized assessment to find the stressors that work better for your writing.
- Dozens of writing prompts (some work like little mental models) to work with antifragile writing.
- Email and call support.
This course is hosted by hyperlink.academy. Check it here.
Other courses and products
We start 5:00 pm, August 4, 2021.
- 3 sessions in 3 weeks cohort-based course.
- Introduction to PKMs and how do they work.
- PKMs alternatives and comparisons.
- Workflows: taking notes, writing, studying, journaling, researching.
- Ideal to explore if PKMs are for you and decide which is best for your daily practice.
- We examine Roam Research as a paradigm and check on Obsidian.md, logseq, RemNote, Athens Research.
- Email and chat support.
- 2 live coaching hours Zoom session. *
- Personalized needs and requirements.
- Previous definition of questions and requirements for better avail of the live session.
- Help with workflows, templates, searches, queries, delta, comments, etc.
- * By appointment with time zone flexibility.
- Email support and follow up.
- 1-month only access to the Antifragile Writing graph database in Roam Research
- Lessons, references, quotes, writing prompts, etc.
- Ready to export in markdown, JSON (complete or in parts) or EDN format (complete export).
- The exported markdown or JSON format can be imported in your own Roam database (rBook).
- Total: 200 pages; 1200 text blocks; 17,000 words.
- Email and call support.
Iniciamos 3 August, 7:00 pm, 2021.
- Curso de 3 sesiones en grupo en 3 semanas (vía Zoom)
- Introducción a Roam Research
- Outliner: Escribiendo en bloques
- Notas diarias: rompiendo el paradigma del documento
- Vínculos, sangría, y etiquetado.
- Referencias de bloques y transclusión.
- Comandos y componentes.
- Flujos de trabajo: tomar notas, escribir, estudiar, blogging, investigación, tareas.
- Acceso a una base de datos en Roam común con información, ejercicios, y prácticas.
- No necesitas una cuenta en Roam Research, trabajamos en la base de datos común.
- Soporte por correo y chat.